Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 RESOLUTIONS

Ok, it's been a minute but since it was the holidays can I get a pass? LOL. Well I was discussing with Lyds (follow her blog) about new year resolutions and why it seems like we have the same resolutions every year. What is it about resolutions that we can't keep? Do you find yourself saying the same thing every year?? I'm going to lose weight, I'm going to be more blah blah blah, but to look up and here it is December and you are 10lbs heavier and nothing you set out to accomplish has been done? WHY IS THAT??
As I reflect on what my resolution would be this year, I had to think of ones I can actually keep. Here are some that I know realistically isn't going to  happen...
1. This year I will not take others issues, burdens, and troubles, personally or to heart.
-Ok been there tried that. I'm wayyyy to compassionate to not feel for others. So I have to alter this resolution to I will not make others problems my own, but try to be or offer a solution.

2. This year I will work out EVERYDAY..
-Ok so as some of you know I have a rambunctious two year old who is very attached to mommy making this almost impossible. But maybe with some serious hard work and dedication this could work....hmmmmm

3. I will not dwell on why things happen the way they do. I will just accept things as they are and move forward.
- I'm a really analytical person so turning my mind off just doesn't work. I'm always trying to figure things out, especially things I don't understand. However I do realize that this gives me a headache after a while which does force me to move onwards LOL.
Biblically...
Twelve is one of the perfect numbers, three is divine perfection, seven is spiritual perfection, ten is ordinal perfection and twelve is governmental perfection. It is thus that the children of Israel are divided into twelve tribes. Even though there are in actuality thirteen tribes, every time they are listed only twelve are listed. Similarly in the New Testament Jesus chose for himself twelve apostles.

So now I've covered what I'm not going to make my resolution.. this leads to what I will...

My resolution for 2012 is to continue to be grateful for the things that I have and not worry about the things that I don't. That includes, work dynamics, companionship, and some material things.

What are your resolutions? Will you keep them? I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Your challenge: Making realistic resolutions and keeping them!

until later Miracles and Blessings....

1 comment:

  1. My resolution(s)...is to make them daily and forgive myself daily. I look forward to allowing me to be and not taking on other people's problems...I want to be mentally healthy and I want to pass that on to people in my life. Love you gal.

    ReplyDelete