Saturday, October 22, 2011

My First Halloween...

Now folks I can specifically say I do not remember my first Halloween but in the spirit of everything I am trying to make my daughter's first Halloween special. Today we went to church yeah I know church to a Halloween event they had for the youth. Now at first I was thinking "How does Halloween fit in with church, I mean really?" and you know what I really still don't know. So I would like to hear your comments on that, but I digress. (You will find that I do this a lot anyways...) So I take my daughter and it's really nice. They have hot dogs, chips, juice, goody bags and the kids got coloring books and crayons. They also showed a cute movie called Spooky Buddies by Disney. The sad thing is that there were only 2 other kids besides Tear!!! Out of all the children in church and in our community we only had 2 kids to come and they weren't even members of our church. This saddened me and made me think of how we as parents complain that there is nothing for the children to do but when positive places have events we don't support them.
Now Halloween isn't one of my favorite holidays besides getting free candy but I remember as a child really looking forward to dressing up and being with my friends. I remember going to one house on Halloween and it had a coffin in the yard, well after I got my candy Jason jumped out of the coffin and chased me with a real chain saw, I swear I almost peed on myself. Jason laughed so hard that he dropped the chainsaw and had to take off his mask to show me he wasn't real. Well I wasn't buying it I remember kicking him dead in the nuts! Then it was my turn to laugh! LOL  Do any of you have good Halloween stories! Hit me up. Oh and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AT THE END OF THE BLOG! WHAT'S WORSE...

1 comment:

  1. I remember Halloween as a lot less of the scary stuff we see today and more of the funny stuff and of course the candy. In the neighborhood I grew up in all the kids were out trick or treating at dusk til dark. It is nice to see kids in some of the same costumes today that were worn back then. Spider man, hulk, princesses, ghosts :)

    There are tons of free activities in the area and I am always disappointed to not see more of "us" taking advantage of them. As for church activities, it is concerning when your own members are not participating.

    C

    ReplyDelete