Friday, October 21, 2011

It's Friday!!!! Home Coming Time!!!

Ok loyal page viewers (yeah I know, no followers yet but it's going to happen LOL) so it's Friday and I know you are wondering "What's are you going to be up to?" Well the truth is I have no idea. I have some thoughts in the works but nothing solidified. So holla at me, what's going on besides the Home Coming here at Wittenberg?
In thinking about Home Coming, I started remembering how college life was and I must say I really enjoyed my college experience. When I was in school... we (the African-Americans on campus) stuck together and had each other's back. It didn't matter if you were pledging and needed some place to hide, wanted help in a particular subject, or was having personal matters, we were there for each other. There wasn't any hating at least not to your face, and we created our own fun. Shoot calling up a few people to just hang out and play cards at the Black Cultural house was the thing to do! We also had seperate activities and events planned for Home Coming. Now as I walk around campus I barely see "us" hanging together. I was told our only African-American sorority on campus  no longer had membership but was still active and to me that's sad!! This fall Wittenberg took in the largest population of African-American students in it's history a whopping 50+. Prayerfully they can come together and bring back the good ol' days where you socialized with everyone, but was still true to self.
 DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AT THE END OF  THE BLOG PAGE SCROOOOLLLL DOWN!!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great start. I look forward to your next comment/blog. You know this blog thing is something new to me. What a way to release some pressure. Get others opinion and just network. I am considering becoming a member. I have to look into this "blog". I am a private person but I have a lot to talk about. I will get back with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do ya thing Lady G you do have a lot to share.

    ReplyDelete